- Climate Change Makes Indian Monsoon Stronger, More Erratic: Studyby AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE on April 14, 2021 at 2:34 pm
Climate change is making India's monsoon stronger and more chaotic, scientists said Wednesday, warning of potential severe consequences for food, farming and the economy affecting […]
- Mobile Sports Betting Money Tempts Cash-Strapped Statesby ASSOCIATED PRESS on April 14, 2021 at 2:08 pm
States around the country are realizing what gamblers figured out long ago: The future of sports betting — and tax money to be made from it — is online.
- DDT Exposure Linked to Cancer Risk Two Generations Laterby LISA KLEIN on April 14, 2021 at 2:00 pm
A study that looked at blood samples from pregnant women during the 1960s has found that their granddaughters are at higher risk for breast cancer.
- Japan’s Toshiba President Steps Down Amid Acquisition Talksby ASSOCIATED PRESS on April 14, 2021 at 1:54 pm
The president of Toshiba stepped down Wednesday, a week after the Japanese technology and manufacturing giant said it was studying an acquisition proposal from a global fund where […]
- Ryanair Loses Bid to Overturn Pandemic Aid to Airline Rivalsby CAIN BURDEAU on April 14, 2021 at 1:32 pm
The low-cost Irish airline accuses the European Union of unfairly keeping struggling national airlines in business during the pandemic with generous subsidies. So far, though, […]
- Employment Lawby BRIEF on April 14, 2021 at 5:55 am
A federal court in California preliminarily certified a class of former HP employees who accuse the company of “targeting older employees and replacing them with younger […]
- Police Budgetsby BRIEF on April 14, 2021 at 5:49 am
The Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled that the city of Norman violated the Open Meeting Act when it cut the police budget by $865,000 in June 2020, finding the city’s agenda for its […]
- Body Languageby BRIEF on April 14, 2021 at 5:45 am
The Colorado Supreme Court ruled that a trial court properly admitted testimony from a police officer about conclusions he drew from his observations of a witness’s body […]
- Excessive Forceby BRIEF on April 14, 2021 at 5:42 am
Quoting Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s words, “the time is always right to do right,” a New York State Supreme Court in Erie County vacated the firing of former police […]
- Hand Sanitizerby BRIEF on April 14, 2021 at 5:39 am
K7 Design group claims in a federal lawsuit filed in Arkansas that Walmart ordered millions of dollars worth of hand sanitizer and related products from it during the pandemic and […]
© 2018 CPT Group, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.