- Andean ‘Sky Islands’ and Alpine Sunflowers at Risk of Disappearing Foreverby JASON SANDEFUR on September 24, 2020 at 4:15 am
Scientists in Colombia are using Charles Darwin’s work on evolution to understand an isolated ecosystem threatened by climate change: the Andes.
- Tennessee Man Who Plotted to Burn Down a Mosque Resentencedby DANIEL JACKSON on September 24, 2020 at 2:50 am
A federal judge on Wednesday resentenced Robert Doggart, a Tennessee man convicted on charges surrounding a plot to burn down a New York mosque, to 120 months in prison after an […]
- Southern California Edison Settles 2017 Wildfire, 2018 Mudslide Claims for $1.1 Billionby NATHAN SOLIS on September 24, 2020 at 12:41 am
Southern California Edison will pay over $1 billion to settle litigation over the 2017 Thomas and Koenigstein fires and subsequent mudslides that followed in the community of […]
- Easy Fireby BRIEF on September 23, 2020 at 11:35 pm
Fifteen insurance companies have sued utilities giant Southern California Edison on claims of inverse condemnation and subrogation stemming from the Easy Fire, a relatively small […]
- Trump Refuses to Commit to Peaceful Transfer if He Loses Electionby BRANDI BUCHMAN on September 23, 2020 at 11:11 pm
When asked directly if he would commit to a peaceful transition of power should the 2020 election not fall in his favor, President Donald Trump refused to answer before exiting a […]
- Biden’s New Ads Focus on Small Business Owners Unable to Receive Covid Aidby BRAD POOLE on September 23, 2020 at 10:46 pm
Former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign on Wednesday announced a new ad blitz featuring small business owners in the battleground states Pennsylvania, North Carolina and […]
- Anti-Hindu Biasby BRIEF on September 23, 2020 at 10:41 pm
The Ninth Circuit has declined an en banc rehearing of claims that California public school curriculum has a strain of anti-Hindu bias running through it.
- California Courts Covid Updateby CNS on September 23, 2020 at 10:33 pm
California Court Accessibility During Covid-19, Sept. 23, 2020 Edition Marin County Marin County Superior Court Sept. 18, 2020: Remote appearance
- California Initiatives Could Expand Voting Rights for Parolees and 17-Year-Oldsby NICHOLAS IOVINO on September 23, 2020 at 10:22 pm
Californians will decide the fate of two ballot measures this November that could significantly expand voting rights for some 50,000 parolees and hundreds of thousands of […]
- Georgia County Challenges Court-Ordered Redistrictingby KAYLA GOGGIN on September 23, 2020 at 10:02 pm
In a rural Georgia county where Black voters are outnumbered by whites 2 to 1 at the polls despite being the majority population, an 11th Circuit dug into the thorny question […]
© 2018 CPT Group, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.