- Postmatesby BRIEF on January 21, 2021 at 4:16 am
Postmates must begin arbitration with more than 5,000 of its food delivery couriers who say they were misclassified as independent contractors, a federal court in California ruled.
- Rent Controlby BRIEF on January 21, 2021 at 4:13 am
A federal court in California certified a class of disabled, low-income renters who say they were unable to participate in Oakland’s rent control program because many of the […]
- BLM Masksby BRIEF on January 21, 2021 at 4:12 am
A federal court in Pennsylvania ruled the Allegheny County Port Authority violated its workers’ rights by prohibiting them from wearing “Black Lives Matter” masks out of a […]
- Veggie Marksby BRIEF on January 21, 2021 at 4:11 am
The Ninth Circuit upheld a ruling against a company that sells t-shirts and other products with its registered mark “LETTUCE TURNIP THE BEET” in its dispute against another […]
- Cockfightingby BRIEF on January 21, 2021 at 4:09 am
The First Circuit upheld a law that bans cockfighting matches in Puerto Rico in a dispute brought by a group of gamecock owners, breeders, private fighting enthusiasts and others […]
- California Faces Task Of Equitably Vaccinating People With Limited Stockpileby MARTIN MACIAS JR on January 21, 2021 at 3:52 am
California health officials told an advisory panel of experts Wednesday the state is wrestling with a low supply of Covid-19 vaccines and doesn’t expect the quantity of weekly […]
- Senate Confirms Avril Haines as First Female Director of National Intelligenceby ERIKA WILLIAMS on January 21, 2021 at 2:37 am
The U.S. Senate confirmed President Joe Biden’s pick for Director of National Intelligence, Avril Haines, in an 84-10 vote on Wednesday evening.
- Biden Press Secretary Vows ‘Truth and Transparency’ in First Briefingby JACK RODGERS on January 21, 2021 at 1:51 am
Jen Psaki, who held several roles during the administration of former President Barack Obama, took questions from reporters Wednesday night while announcing the reinstallation of […]
- Trump Restores Grazing Rights to Men Convicted — and Pardoned — of Arsonby MATTHEW RENDA on January 21, 2021 at 1:42 am
In its final moments Wednesday, the Trump administration granted two 10-year grazing permits to the father-son duo whose convictions and imprisonment for setting fires on public […]
- Biden Reverses Trump’s Lax Fuel Emissions Standardsby NICK CAHILL on January 21, 2021 at 12:05 am
California officials and environmentalists are claiming victory after President Joe Biden directed federal regulators to put the brakes on his predecessor’s attempt to gift […]
© 2018 CPT Group, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.