- Logging projectby Brief on August 4, 2021 at 5:55 am
SAN FRANCISCO — A federal court denied a request to block a logging project in an old-growth redwood forest in the Gualala River watershed in Northern California. A group […]
- Public access TVby Brief on August 4, 2021 at 5:53 am
BOSTON — Upholding a lower court’s ruling, the First Circuit agreed that certain provisions of a state law in Maine relating to how cable operators must treat public access […]
- Migrant travelby Brief on August 4, 2021 at 5:51 am
EL PASO, Texas — A federal judge temporarily blocked Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s executive order directing the state’s Department of Public safety to stop any vehicle […]
- Federal judge dismisses gunmaker’s suit over New Jersey AG’s subpoenaby Daniel Jackson on August 4, 2021 at 4:36 am
The New Jersey Attorney General sought information about how Smith and Wesson advertised its firearms for self-defense.
- Ohioans decide who will vie for two open House seatsby Kyle Anne Uniss on August 4, 2021 at 3:24 am
Trump's endorsement gets Mike Carey the win in Ohio's 15th District Republican primary, with establishment candidate Shontel Brown taking the Democratic primary in Ohio's 11th […]
- California farmers to lose access to the state’s largest watershed as drought worsensby Nick Cahill on August 4, 2021 at 2:26 am
By unanimous vote, water regulators approved an emergency framework that will soon bar thousands of farmers— and potentially cities — from taking surface water from the […]
- Texas governor accused of ‘playing politics’ in response to Covid outbreaksby Cameron Langford on August 4, 2021 at 1:12 am
Around 50% of eligible Texans are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, and the number of residents hospitalized with the respiratory illness has risen to more than 6,800, levels not […]
- Russia hands Navalny ally parole-like sentence over protestsby Associated Press on August 4, 2021 at 12:27 am
A court in Moscow on Tuesday sentenced a close ally of imprisoned opposition leader Alexei Navalny to 1 1/2 years of parole-like restrictions in a controversial criminal case the […]
- Ex-cops charged in Floyd death want separation from Chauvinby Associated Press on August 4, 2021 at 12:16 am
Three former Minneapolis police officers charged with violating George Floyd's civil rights are asking that their federal trials be separated from the upcoming trial of Derek […]
- Lawmakers debate repealing Saddam-era war measures on Iraqby Associated Press on August 4, 2021 at 12:03 am
The Biden administration encouraged lawmakers on Tuesday to finally repeal an authorization for military action in Iraq crafted when Saddam Hussein was still alive.
© 2018 CPT Group, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.